What a whirlwind of a week! Exciting and fun and perfect for sharing on Five for Friday!
1. On Monday, our school announced their Teacher of the Year. Every year I so want it because my parking spot would be in front of the school, steps away from my classroom! Well, guess who is the Teacher of the Year!
Yep, me! The paperwork was due Thursday, so my principal gave me Wednesday a day at home to work on it! Got it done and turned in!
I spent the rest of my week at the Virginia State Reading Association Conference in Richmond, VA.
2. On the way into Richmond, I stopped and saw my son at the Science Museum since it was right on the way to the hotel! Isn't he a cutie?!
3. I presented with my bloggy friends on Friday about blogging as a teacher and in the classroom. It was fun! You can grab a copy of the handout by going to this post on Adventures in Literacy Land.
4. On Friday I met up with a group of Virginia Bloggers who live in the Richmond area. We spent 4 hours laughing at talking! So much fun!
5. And the highlight was Saturday, I got to meet Jeff Kinney and hear him speak! He signed my son's book, as well as a couple others for some kids. My son is thrilled!