It has been an interesting week with only two partial days of school! I am loving the extra sleep!
1. I spent my Thursday afternoon tutoring the kindergarten student I work with. He has needed a lot of help with learning the letters of the alphabet. We started our tutoring session by using some of the activities from the I Can Read the Alphabet packet from the Educents Preschool Rocks Bundle.
I used the alphabet cards from the pack to help with letter identification and order. I taped the words around the room for him to find. He used his alphabet tracking page to help him find the letters. As he found them, we put them on the table. Here are some of the letters and him as he was looking for the letters. He had so much fun with it!
After we finished finding the letters we worked on letter sounds and completed this simple matching sheet that went with it.
2. Each session he reads a new book and works on tracking print. Yesterday he read the book from the I Can Read the Alphabet packet. He did a wonderful job tracking the print as he went through the book.
3. He has the most problem with rhyming, and we used a cut and paste page from the Rhyming Unit Mega Bundle to work on rhyming. He did a marvelous job with it! I love when I see such progress in a student!
4. On Sunday I broke my cherished Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef when I dropped the lid on the floor. Ugh! I am having an online catalog show, and you can help me get a new one by browsing the catalog and placing an order! And if you order through this link, I will send you any item of your choice from my TPT store!
5. And I leave you with these pictures of my kids sledding down the hill.