1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1. My family has a long line of teachers, but it really comes from my first and second grade years. I went to a VERY small private school and was in a combined class. I enjoyed learning what the older kids were learning and then helping the younger kids the next year. My fourth grade year solidified it when I had an awesome teacher, Mrs. Taylor. She had "centers" in her classroom and made learning hands on, something that had never been done in the school. So much fun!
2. My job as a reading specialist is always full of rewards. This year I watched one second grade student move from a Preprimer reading level to a 2nd grade level! That is awesome! I see this a lot each year and pray, pray, pray that the summer slide doesn't take them too far back. But it feels good to know that I had something to do with that!
3. If I were not a teacher, I would be an actress. I have always liked to be in front of a crowd, and I guess that is why I teach!
Head on over to Latoya's blog and link up to let us know what has made you the teacher you are!