Since I started blogging in April, I have learned a lot. But I feel like I could learn so much more! I have blogged, created my own look, made my own parts for the blog, written code, and so on. But I sure could learn so much more! So, today I am linking up with Grade Three is the Place for Me in the Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop.
Here are my answers to the questions.
1. What state do you live in? I live in Virginia but grew up in Louisiana. I love Virginia with no plans to leave until I retire to the beach!
2. Current teaching position ~ I am a Title I Reading Specialist in the same school where I began my career.
3. Teaching experience ~ I have taught for 15 years. For 14 years, I taught 3rd and 4th grades, though not at the same time. I love this age group but am learning that the younger kids absorb so much more and are so fun to watch as they grow.
4. Started blogging ~ I started blogging over Spring Break in April. It was a leap, but it was something that I wanted to do.
5. Blogging resource ~ The best blogging resource has been Google! I googled everything to try to find what I needed. I also like Gimp for making my own little things on my blog. It is free and fairly easy to use. Makin' Cute Blogs was also a great help in so many ways. There are many great tutorials to help you get your blog lookin' cute!
Speaking of making my blog look cute, I have worked hard to make my blog look like I want it. I feel like it could use a little refinement. I love the stars theme and my cute little penguin, but I would like it to be a little nicer looking. I actually wanted to have children reading instead of the penguin, but the penguin is cute. Christi at Ms. Fultz's Corner is giving away a blog makeover. Oh how wonderful that would be!
The Teaching Thief is hosting Fiction Friday, and I have been reading with my son each night. We finally finished the Bunnicula series!!! We have been reading it since our school started it during the school year. He loved it. We read the last book, which was not my favorite one. It is called Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow.
Until next time!